Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Syria ... Virginia?"

It has recently been brought to my attention that some folks thought I was talking about cities in the United States when I referred to Syria, Damascus, etc ... Honest mistake given that these are in fact not too far from some of the places I grew up ... Here is a short list of these (ironically) American cities that confused some of you >>

Damascus, Virginia

Damascus, Maryland

Syria, Virginia

Lebanon, Virginia

Jerusalem, Virginia

Alleppo, Pennsylvania

Palestine, Texas

Let me set the record straight (like The Street Called ... ) :

I meant SYRIA - the nation/region in Southwest Asia bordering Turkey, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, & occupied Palestine ... the capital of which is of course the great city of DAMASCUS, one of the longest continuously-inhabited cities on planet earth ... so nice, they named it once ...

3ish Peace

3 comments:

  1. "...from the city so nice, they named it twice. to the city so nice, they only named it once." NY,NY to Damascus, that is.

    -Numan Alkawas, Summer 2005

    ReplyDelete
  2. dats funny i just got the leb-virginia question from this chick last night...

    ReplyDelete